 Castle / 2028
Re: [CW] FAQ - War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 20:54:38 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
or a castle lego-fest, even!

Well, I think it'd be fun to get as many people as possible to come.  A
general
Legofest would be ideal for that.  :)

the wars in CW are more plot devices more than anything else. experience
from wargaming will only help your war~stories read better. we're keeping
the framework for stories as free form as possible to allow each individual
ultimate control over how much/ little parpticipation his/her realms will
have with others'.

True, but I'm looking at wargaming from the "fun" aspect.  I think it would
be
fun.  ;)

where in our world, history is written by the victors, in CW, history is
written by the losers! this is to insure other storytellers can't do
anything to our characters or structures that we don't want done.

Right.  In a Castleworld Wargame, there would have to be special rules about
the heroes surviving.  FTR, I'm not advocating all wars should be resolved by
wargaiming, I just don't want it prohibited if *all* involved members want to
do it.  For example, Shiri and Eric decide that they want to join forces with
Auld Dragon and annihilate my Necromancer's forces.  If we all want to
wargame,
then I think we should be allowed to.  But if Eric or Shiri don't, then we
resolve it normally.  :)

Jeff

right! it all depends on the storytellers involved! much of the yarn
spinning occurs "off-world", in e-mails or posts between members.  how it is
handled is entirely up to those involved!  this provides one general
structure for all stories, not just wars!  romance, intrigue, and betrayal
are suggestions of a few others...  in CW, your character(s) cannot be kiled
off by someone else without your consent.

Yep, I agree! Just remember, if you have a story built via e-mail, put it on
CW too so we can all see it! ;-)

also, a bit different than in
wargaming, characters can suffer grievous mishaps and survive. it's like in
"george of the jungle" when the narrator comes in saying, "don't worry, no
one dies in this story;... they just get really big boo-boos!"  ;-)

LOL!
Craig, watch out for that...

Tree... :-)

characters can die of old age, but only when a storyteller deems it's
time.  other than that, all characters are as mortal or immortal as you wish!

Yay!

-Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/