 Castle / 2019
Re: [CW] FAQ - War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:01:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Alright ... It seems like this issue needs to be addressed sooner or later,
and I guess now is as good of a time as any to do it:

Q.  Why no dice?

A.  Too complicated (for us Math majors) and I don't want grudges to
develop.  Also - how would we determine who has a big army?  And although
someone might now have a big army, if they have a fortress that is pretty hard
to get to, how does one counter for that?  Storylines allow us to get as close
to what we want as possible.
Fair?

I think wargaming should be allowed if both participants agree to it.  I wuld
certainly enjoy it every once in a while.  Both participants would have to
agree to the rules beforehand, of course.

Q.  How do I record what happens in a war?

A.  Well, this has the opportunity to be one of the most creative aspects of
CW.  For example, if Verneer and his men choose to attack and pillage Eric
K's village house (or maybe David E's village) looking for food to supply the
Gryphon's Nest for winter, I could send all those figures to Eric or Dave, let
him take those pictures, and have him send the figs back.

Hmmm...  This got  me thinking.  Many of us live on the East Coast (Me, Pawel,
Craig, Shiri, Eric, Dave), so maybe we should have a Legofest this summer,
where we could do some Large Scale battles.  'Course, being a Legofest, It'd be
open to non-castle people.  Hmmm, maybe I'll post this to org.us.

Jeff
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/