 Castle / 19472
Re: A wine rack I made today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 06:56:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   I’m wondering if that is of any use. As in I wonder if tiles will fit between those diagonally turned 1x1s and be held tightly enough to work out... the gaps look a little wider than a tile but maybe it would work?

The gaps are just a tiny bit wider than the thickness of a tile, as mentioned in Manfred’s post nearly a month ago. The 1x1 tiles are laid out in pretty much the same pattern as Manfred’s headlight brick idea, or my 3-stud 1x1 brick or 5-stud 1x1/basic 1x1 brick variations on his idea. You need something to hold the tiles in place. 1x8’s can be held in with bricks or plates at the very ends if you limit yourself to 4-5 studs opening in one direction, but you need studs to hold the opposing tiles in, unless you really want to spend the time necessary to twist all of those pieces enough to grip the tile edges with their corners.

The sad thing is that while we were discussing the same pattern layout, the subject of using it for wall decor never came up (it looks better with tiles than plates, though), and even sadder is that it wasn’t until after I had done a sample layout with tiles that I realized it was the same pattern we’d discussed here.