 Castle / 19227
Re: A wine rack I made today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:50:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava wrote:

   So, be brutally honest, whaddya think?

Hey that is a REALLY neat idea. Too bad my secret 3CS building is already packed for its trip to Portland or I’d be stealing that idea as we speak. But if I stole it, I’d probably do it differently.

Instead of using bricks stud on, I think I’d try to use plates turned edge on, and wedge tiles in between one plate and the next (between their studs) to make a lattice.

It wouldn’t be nearly as sturdy but it might look more delicate. Did you try that and reject it? There are challenges there with how you get one lattice row to lock to the next I think...

Thanks for sharing... makes me thirsty!