 Castle / 15849
Re: A complete Medieval Marketplace street
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 02:39:20 GMT

    Hi,

  Hi all,

      here is my complete medieval
marketplace street (8 buildings, 4 extra
wide):

   My faviorite pic:

Alright! I was looking forward to this.

        Thanks...

SNIP

The scene overall looks pretty lively,
and the arrangement of the buildings
reminded me kind of a renaissance
faire. Of course, the most interesting
shops by far were the produce market
(I believe the green shop at the end)
and of course the imposing securities
and exchange firm. Nicely done.

      The buildings were all built seperately so getting them to look decent
together was a bit of a challenge. I am surprised how many peolpe like the
green grocer (one of my least faviorites ;) ). I did like my use of the
knight's kingdon wheels in it though.

SNIP

About the widened streets, is the
entire burgundy stretch not adhering
to MM standard?

    Yes and No. Each building fits MM standard perfectly with the exception
of the overhang rules and a few ally lengths here and there (how straight
was a medieval street anyway?) If I take the brown street out they all
function as normal medieval marketplaces (with green indented roads). I
personaly would like to see a town made up of streets like mine with mm
standard streets jutting off all over (with the help af securities firm type
buildings). I think this would give a nicer uneven feel to it. (I've tried
it and it looks pretty good...)

Looks good either way. Actually, It
wouldn't matter too much if it weren't
an MM standard because this looks
presentable with any display on its
own.

    Yeah, I was going for the first displayable marketplace (and as no one
lives out my way I had to build it all myself).

SNIP

Well, now I have a legit reason to
purchase some more roofing slopes
and bricks from bricklink :)

  Or blacksmiths from lego :).

  On another note I have plans for two great new marketplaces (construction
to start as soon as I find a house).

           God Bless and thaks for your comments,

                     Nathan