 Castle / 15838
Re: A complete Medieval Marketplace street
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 19:21:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:

  Hi all,

      here is my complete medieval
marketplace street (8 buildings, 4 extra
wide):

   My faviorite pic:

Alright! I was looking forward to this.

I added streets in this example because
my buildings are so tall the built in
street doesn't do them justice... I
called it main street because of the
larger road (not a self promotion).

The scene overall looks pretty lively,
and the arrangement of the buildings
reminded me kind of a renaissance
faire. Of course, the most interesting
shops by far were the produce market
(I believe the green shop at the end)
and of course the imposing securities
and exchange firm. Nicely done.

you can connect my wider streets to the
normal ones. I am told this connection
design may become an MM standard...

About the widened streets, is the
entire burgundy stretch not adhering
to MM standard?

Looks good either way. Actually, It
wouldn't matter too much if it weren't
an MM standard because this looks
presentable with any display on its
own.

Josh kindly posted 5 of these MOCs
earlier while I couldn't but they
didn't seem to get any notice, that
post is here:
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=15681

Thanks for looking and please tell me
what you think (I really appreciate it).

Well, now I have a legit reason to
purchase some more roofing slopes
and bricks from bricklink :)

<<_Matt Hein_>>