 Castle / 1572
Re: Miscellaneous thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:47:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mike Timm writes:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:27:01 GMT, "Rick Kurtzuba"
<kurtzuba@hotmail.com> wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Bill Farkas writes:
Also, has anyone else pointed out before that the knight with the new
helmet, brown facial hair and unique breastplate found only in 6091 King
Leo's Castle and 6096 Bull's Attack has the same torso as the King that
came with computer Chess game. I remember reading a lot of posts from
people who were excited that there was finally a unique King instead of
having 10 or 20 of the same guy with different helmets. So much for him
being a truly unique King fig, huh?

Yeah.  I paid $20 for one of those guys just a few weeks before the first • scans
of the 2000 catalog came out.  (grumble)  I still use my "Chess King" as the
king for my Crusaders/Royal Knights faction, though, because he does have a
*semblance* of uniqueness, at least.  Although the Chess King's nifty torso • is
being recycyled there still has never been a head-torso-legs combination
that really resembles that of the Chess King's.

Rick Kurtzuba
Umm, you must have gotten a different King than I did in your Chess
software.  The one I got has *NO* semblance to the new king 6091...

Later, Mike

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle!

We're not talking about the KING from the new sets, we're talking about the new
KNIGHT that is described above. The new knight has the same torso as the chess
king.

Bill