 Castle / 1565
1564  |  1566
Subject:
Miscellaneous thoughts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:07:21 GMT

While sitting on the throne (a la Archie Bunker) and scanning over the latest
S@H catalog, it struck me that the 6095 Royal Joust set is a pretty awesome set
for parts!! It's got great weapons (4 halberd axes, a brown lance, a black
lance, a brown spear, a brown axe, 3 Knights Kingdom shields, a Bulls shield
and a silver long-sword); the cool knights helmet with visor; a black chain;
the stained glass window, three cool minifigs (if you change the kings crown);
and a lot of other cool parts! Personally, I think this looks like a great way
to build an army and get some great parts as well - which is the big gripe
about the 6026 King Leo set - two figs, one shield, no parts. This seems to be
a good set to pick up on sale - for BOGO 50% OFF that's $15 each - not bad for
99 highly usable pieces.

Has anyone else ever taken the halberd axes and cut off the axe part to make a
longer spear?? I did and it looks pretty good - it works great for mounted
spearmen or in a "Braveheart" scenario where the underdogs use them to gain the
upper hand.

Also, has anyone else pointed out before that the knight with the new helmet,
brown facial hair and unique breastplate found only in 6091 King Leo's Castle
and 6096 Bull's Attack has the same torso as the King that came with computer
Chess game. I remember reading a lot of posts from people who were excited that
there was finally a unique King instead of having 10 or 20 of the same guy with
different helmets. So much for him being a truly unique King fig, huh? I guess
this goes back to the Dacta/Time Cruiser theory of using up old parts.

"I'm NOT PLAYING, I'm CREATING!"
Bill