 Castle / 1571
Re: Castle Minifig Races
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:10:40 GMT

My world isn't as fleshed out yet as yours (since it's only in planning
stages until my space creation is done), but here are the factions in store:

Kingdom of Mitteland, ruled by King Frederik I and his son the Prince.  This
is the main setting for goings-on.  The King's men bear the gold lion.
Frederik's men garison several outposts throughout the land.  The king also
has a private orchard and forest, in which he hunts stag.

Duke of Falkmir -- the Duke is subservient to the King, but he has his own
soldiers, the Order of the Silver Falcon.

Earl of Caer Drak -- the Earl and his army bear the emblem of a dragon.
They too serve the King, circumstances allowing.

The Woodspeople -- said to carry within their veins the blood of a long-lost
Elven race, the Woodsmen and their king live in the Dark Forest on the
western fringe of the kingdom, holding feasts and dabbling in elven-magic.
Sometimes they get along with Frederik's men, sometimes not.  These are made
up of forestment and dark forest minifigs.

Bandits -- bandits inhabit the wooded regions to the southwest.  Some
believe that they have a secret stronghold in the caves.  Bandits will be
made up of various pieces from castle and wild west.

The Alpine Kingdom -- though sparsely populated, the imposing snowy
mountains to the north are the location of a mystical castle and it's king.
The Alpine King's Guard carry magical ice spears (trans blue).  They wear
black, white, and blue, and their carts are drawn by tamed polar bears.  The
Alpine King is said to have many powers, but he and his men rarely make
contact with the outside world.

The Army of the Dark Tower -- one day, a magical black tower mysteriously
appears in the Mistlands to the east.  Their Dark Lord and his men ride
black dragons and wear the black fright knight helmets.  They also wear
Ninja wrappings to hide their visages.

--

Paul Davidson

Bob Jackson <omegax@newrealm.net> wrote in message
Any ideas for medieval races in a half-fantasy half-realistic world?  So • far,
I have:

Ice Knights:  white-uniformed figs armed with the trans-blue spears, they • live
to the north of the continent using arctic baseplates and polar bears.

Barbarians:  Figs using a mixture of pirate, indian, castle, and stingray
elements to create a barbarian-ish look, they are armed with axes, pikes, • and
clubs.  They live in the western mountains in crude societies that often
declare war on each other.

Dark Elves:  The forestmen with the black markings on their torsos with • old
black-belt green-leg space police lower bodies, yellow hands, black • feathers
on their brown hat, and black arms.  They are expert assassins, using the
aquazone knives, and crossbows.  I made their forest out of black tree
elements, going for a dark and swampy feeling.

Elves:  Normal forestmen living in a treetop village in the forests not • far
from the Imperial Castle.  They are divided into three categories:  Red, • blue,
brown, and yellow-marked forestmen, signifying their rank and regiments. • They
use normal brown bows and pirate cutlasses.

Raiders:  Wolfpack renegades, they live in forest-based hideouts and even • have
some hideouts in the mountains where they stash their pirate coins and
adventurers rubies.

Peasants:  These farmers and workers populate the countryside around the
Imperial Castle.  They provide food to almost every race on the continent.

Imperials:  Royal knights based in the central east.  They are basically • the
U.S. of the medieval world and have established small outposts in far-off
lands to protect its people, gaining that land's favor in times of war. • They
use primarily spears and swords.  The Lord Knight rides upon a large white
dragon that I made.  It has red lights in its mouth, causing a fire-like
effect.

That's all the races I currently have in my universe, but I'm trying to
expand.  Anyone have any other races?