 Castle / 12486
Re: What's in a name, anyway?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:43:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John P. Henderson writes:
Hi Tony et al,

I do like what the Castle World site has (and have considered joining on the
condition that I ever get some better pics to post), but when I browse there
it seems to be a collection of everyone's things mixed in no certain order
other than catagory (Structure, Characters, etc.).  What I was suggesting
was more a list of individual worlds and their creators.  Granted, such a
list could link to a person's ideas within the Castle World site.

Hmm...you have a point there. I like organization myself, and I've browsed
Castle world's site before. However, I have no idea why the characters are
all mixed up, maybe nobody had the time to work on this.

As an example, when I currently browse the site for characters, I see a list
of characters, but until I drill down into each one, I have no idea which
characters come from which creator/world.  (Then if I see a character who
seems interesting but want to research his homeland, I have to bounce back
to the main site and look for that in a different area.)  What if I was
interested in just one person's world at a time?  Is there a way to filter
for just one?  To see just the characters and stories of one creator at a
time?  Maybe even a summary of each given creators' world?

Excellent idea. If I had a website, that's how I would put it out.
Organization is key if you want people to come back to a site. Personally, I
think they should have a deeper story into each character, and a link to
their site. That way, you won't be moving back and forth through the endless
labyrinth of links at castle world.
IOM
<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet member No. 1112