 Castle / 12485
Re: What's in a name, anyway?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:39:35 GMT

Thanks for the reply, Shiri!

Phew, just a brief look at Frank's page and clearly there is a daunting
amount of info and number of sites to browse through.  I am ever impressed
with the endless possibilities of creativity by this community!  ...And yes,
the list-by-member for CW is more what I was looking for originally.  Thanks
again!

<Hendo goes off browsing...>

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi Hendo!

First off, if you want a comprehensive link list, the best by far you'll get
is Frank Filz's listing:
http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/castle.html

But it does not end at worlds, it has every single creation posted to LUGNET
since it's beginning. I'm not sure when it was last updated but it is still
the most comprehensive list I know.

As for Castle World, you bring up some valid points. However, if you want to
see a specific person's "world" you can always go to this page:
http://www.geocities.com/castle_world_temp/members.html
And check out the sites by the creator you were looking at. Also, if you
find one character you love, you can click on the creator's name, where
you'll find links to all his/her creations on CW.

As for a summary of each person's world, that's a great idea, but it's very
hard to put your "world" into a few words or even sentences. Plus I think a
lot of balladeers would just not respond... but if anyone has such a
"summary" I'd gladly add it to his balladeer page.

HTH,
-Shiri

In lugnet.castle, John P. Henderson writes:
Hi Tony et al,

I do like what the Castle World site has (and have considered joining on the
condition that I ever get some better pics to post), but when I browse there
it seems to be a collection of everyone's things mixed in no certain order
other than catagory (Structure, Characters, etc.).  What I was suggesting
was more a list of individual worlds and their creators.  Granted, such a
list could link to a person's ideas within the Castle World site.

As an example, when I currently browse the site for characters, I see a list
of characters, but until I drill down into each one, I have no idea which
characters come from which creator/world.  (Then if I see a character who
seems interesting but want to research his homeland, I have to bounce back
to the main site and look for that in a different area.)  What if I was
interested in just one person's world at a time?  Is there a way to filter
for just one?  To see just the characters and stories of one creator at a
time?  Maybe even a summary of each given creators' world?

Not trying to knock the efforts of Castle World thus far; just asking if
more could be done...