 Castle / 12421
12420  |  12422
Subject:
What's in a name, anyway?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:40:18 GMT

Hello hello!  Ive been thinking long and hard for medieval names for towns,
cities and villages.  Unfortunately, I seem to be having
city-name-writers-block!  I tend to get some ideas from ancient Greece and
Star Wars planet names, but those'll only carry someone so far. :)

Anyone want to suggest names that they particularly like but wouldnt mind
putting into the public record?  The more creative the better!  I think that
names with a ' in it are interesting, such as Blut'ader (I think I spelled
it correctly!)  But I also like the flow of more traditional names.  What do
others think about this subject?  Where do you all get your inspirations?

Cheers,
Dave