 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 3049
Re: How would you do it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2011 02:38:17 GMT

On 6/22/2011 9:33 AM, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I am using an orthographic camera because I don't want perspective at all. I
didn't try parallel lights. (there are such? or do you mean area?) That may be
what I need to correct the shading differences.

One thing I'm still chasing is that I can't get the windows to have the "right"
transparency... either they are too light and it looks like the interiors are
"glowing" or if I turn the colors or transparency down, things get too gray. I'm
trying to get the same transparency as in the image I'm trying to mimic.

Yes, there are parallel lights that work just like orthographic cameras.
Check the docs. This way you will get uniform lighting on every object
in the scene.

Mike