 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1886
1885  |  1887
Subject:
Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst, lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 01:19:41 GMT

I’m working my way through a series of 4-wide fire apparatus right now. And while this isn’t the first one in the series, this is the one I’m most happy with up to this point.

For a few reasons:
  • the truck itself came out pretty much exactly as I had planned
  • there is a nice high-res picture of the truck, to show what it should look like
  • the instructions themselves now have the parts list for each step included
Here is a link to the BIP entry for Ladder 110:

http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/instructions/main.cfm?cat=45&review=685&revOn=true

As well, I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=1833

You all provided excellent advice and examples in response to my naive and sometimes clueless questions. For what it’s worth, I think that thread is now a nice set of ‘tips and tricks’ for lighting techniques to use for rendering models in POV-Ray.

Any feedback on the model, the instructions, or the render are most welcome.

Thanks, Allan B.