 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1886
  Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

I'm working my way through a series of 4-wide fire apparatus right now. And while this isn't the first one in the series, this is the one I'm most happy with up to this point. (URL) For a few reasons: the truck itself came out pretty much exactly as (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

(...) Spiffy model. Especially the ladder with the nozzle at the top! Also a great use of arches and rear fenders (how I wish that fender came in a split so you could use it on 6 wide trucks) Needs more greebles, though. Even ladder trucks have some (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

(...) I've used the 1x4 arch on each of my 3 apparatus so far. I think it helps add realism at this small scale, in the way it hugs the tyres so well. (...) I agree. This is why I'm working on a series of vehicles. So I can experiment with varies (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

(...) recent (...) just (...) look, (...) Are you referring to the cover page renderings or the actual step renderings? Will Bricksburg Fire Department: (URL) Bricksburg Depot: (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

(...) I think I was thinking of the cover page renderings (the look and feel of which I'm still trying to copy). But in looking at them, and your step renderings, and my high-res and my step renderings, I realize.... they're all different in some (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

(...) Nope. They're straight ML-Cad output using a "Line Width" of 3 and an "Added parts view type" of Highlight. I save the pictures as 1600 x 1200 bitmaps and scale them down with an image editor. (...) looked more (...) to (...) Mega-POV can do (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

In lugnet.inst, Allan Bedford wrote: <snip> (...) LPub 2.2 adds another layer of processing after the two that you listed. The new layer can do a few things for you: 1. Pack sub-model steps into a single "callout" image for use in making compact (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

(...) find any way to do it. For me, that's o.k. since my models right now are small and relatively simple. However, I did notice something in your picture above. You have the parts list for that step as part of the instruction image. Are you doing (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

In lugnet.inst, Allan Bedford wrote: <snip> (...) I'm not at my LPub computer right now, so I can't tell you, but it is a *menu* item just below the one you use to generate images. (...) In the extra procesing step via the extra menu I just (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

(...) LAYOUTS is the menu item. And yes, it does work! I'm guessing it didn't work for me earlier, because it needs the parts and the step .jpg's already created... is that right? And my guess is that I tried using it as a first step, not a second (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

(...) Layout can't do anything unless you've generated everything. (...) This is related to sub-model usage. LPub uses a depth first search algorithm for processing sub-models. So it looks for all the sub-models in a model and creates their (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)