 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 767
Re: Bricksmith tips and techniques
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:09:52 GMT

Hey, cool Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
Jim DeVona wrote:
Bricksmith doesn't display coordinate axes. However, it is not too
hard to fake it with a couple of perpendicular LDraw lines that
extend a long way in either direction:
That's cool. I still am using the same old computer, so LDGLite is
the LDRAWing tool of choice for me, but never the less, that is a cool
trick.

Wow, you need an upgrade almost as bad as I do.  I'm still using a PC
with Windows 95 on it.

Here's another set of axis that've been around for a while now.
They're not as big, but they're labeled so you don't have to remember
which color is which axis.

  http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_util.htm

I liked them so much I duplicated them in C code so you can see the
origin of a piece you plan to rotate.  If you're really still using
ldglite you can toggle the display of the current part's rotation axis
with the command "/ta" in ledit mode.

Enjoy,

Don
Hey, cool axes. Yes, I'm still really using ldglite. Hoever, I just got
a new MacBook! Hey, I wonder if the new development tools will compile a
  a "fat" binary of ldglite. I'll have to look into that when I have the
time.

Chris

--
http://mysite.verizon.net/cjmasi/lego/