 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 768
Re: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 02:15:41 GMT

I’m delighted to see another developer supporting the Macintosh.

   I’m glad that Bricksmith can make use of them. Does it have a UI to add new directories to the part search path?

Nope, so I had feared it might not be able to access them. However, I’ve checked and Unofficial is hard-coded as the unofficial parts directory name (in Source/Other/MacLDraw.h, for those following along at home). You can set the LDraw directory, of course, so it will just look for an “Unofficial” directory within that.

Interesting. I wonder if it was just a coincidence that we both chose the same hard-coded directory for Unofficial parts, or if Bricksmith’s author saw that I had used it. I suspect the former, since LDView didn’t work on the Mac.

Yeah, LDraw/Unofficial just seemed like the logical choice. That was feature that went nowhere, though. I never even documented it, because I didn’t think anyone else supported it. (L3P?) I really wish LDraw would define a standard Unofficial parts folder. Right now I just set the Finder’s label color to red for any unofficial parts and then blithely dump them in my LDraw folder.

Allen