 CAD / Development / 9755
Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 18:09:28 GMT

OK I think I have a better idea still is the same but we could do it
Is like doing a chat room ok the idea is based on MUD games
text based games but the diferences are we will use graphics
to show the static elements like (buildings, minfigs that are just bots and are
also static they will let us go to other places if they are far,) dynamic
elements like (users, objects, some bots, actions, ... ) Why like this well I
found interesting MUD games www.4dimensions,org is cool place but is bit anoying
to imagen all I don't mind imagining half of the rooms but not all and a part is
bit complex game to learn it takes time is nice do only thing if it uses
graphics for the static items it whould be cool so what if we do our own MUD of
LDRAW?

Here are the features I want it to have :

.Chat rooms, chat system like in 4D MUD so we can talk in any room
- By talking in public channels and private ones too
- Talking with people that are in same room as the player
- Whispering "private 1 to 1 talk in any room even if is full"

. News boards to post, read posts (this feature is great i think , not in all
rooms)
. More easy ways to learn and to start to play or to use this Project for
newbies
. Module system so that we can expand the Project
. A RPG game system for one that want to play and for just to be in this Project
. Virtual money (but this once we get started with the project I have more ideas
most are based on 4D MUD)

What's the first building to make well I was thinking a sort off town center or
visitors center or what ever we may call it a builing with:

A big room to imagen us all there for public chats
Some small rooms to be with around 2 to 6 or 10 max half public chats
A bar may be
A place to post and read posts
A libriary we could have up online books (I mean text only i don't plan to have
  pdfs files)
A help desk
A Map in a wall if we se it grows the idea
Some transport like taxi to go to other place, if we add a diferent there we can
have a space port to go to space and to go in time with special doors in the
space station or if we decide to have it in the main buiding the starting point.

Starting point is always out side the main building and the end when we quit or
disconnect is just the place we where disconnected  we always return to main
building to start, for now is that what i have in mind.

Oh this whould be a RPG fisrt person graphic game like Heart of china but with a
lot of use of text , don't worry we won't have to read much to understand or
play, is not just a game.

well I hope u like my idea