 CAD / Development / 9748
Re: I have an idea . What if we make a game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:57:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, James Reynolds wrote:
- All computer OS , for now windows, linux and macos if anyone wants to port it

It is always best to start it out working on all platforms.  There are several
code libraries that can be used that are multiplatform.  I think the most
popluar is SDL (libsdl).  If you used something Microsoft/Apple proprietary,
like .NET/DirectX (MS) or Cocoa (Apple), it will never work on anything else.

Well something easy to use I was thinking.

I stop now because I need comments and ideas from other people.

happen.  Just look at the current developer landscape.  Nobody is really getting
any monetary return, and the project you speak of is huge.

In spite of all of that, I will just muse on the topic.

You say 2d.  Do you mean 2nd person, viewed from above or angle?

2d = 2 dimensions like the game diablo If possible or like GTA 1 top view.