 CAD / Development / 8785
Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:19:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Dan Boger writes:
On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 04:00:20PM +0000, Orion Pobursky wrote:
-Served as a reviwer on the Parts Tracker through at least 2 official parts
updates and have posted least 5 reviews per update

This ensures that the candidate has activly served as a reviewer and is not
just somebody who happens to have reviewer access

I agree, 100%.  I think we should have more representation from the
programming side of the community.

Right. The proposal is set up in such a way to encourage everyone -
programmer or not - to discuss the issues publicly. When it comes to making
decisions, a limited group of qualified people (in this case, programmers,
parts authors, or reviewers) to actually cast the vote to create an
LDraw.org standard. Naturally, the LSC members would be expected and
encouraged to participate in the public discussion, but they're the ones who
make the decision.

I suppose whether the LSC private list is publicly viewable or not is
something else up for debate - on one hand, transparency is a good thing, on
the other, it would be nice for them to have a forum where they don't have
to be politically correct.

-Tim