 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6483
Re: "Dither" colors in patterned/sticker parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:15:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
Hey!  While we're extending the language, can we also allow MPD in part
files?

Steve

Considering the conservative spirit that rules this community, where it is
preferred to have no-progress over breaking backwards compatibility an where
standards set in LDraw 0.27 should be possibly kept for eternity, such ideas
have to be flagged as quantum leap.

w.

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
Hey!  While we're extending the language, can we also allow MPD in part
files?

Steve

Considering the conservative spirit that rules this community, where it is
preferred to have no-progress over breaking backwards compatibility an where
standards set in LDraw 0.27 should be possibly kept for eternity, such ideas
have to be flagged as quantum leap.

I know.  It's heresy!

But if there are enough good reasons to make that leap, it might be worth it.

Steve

Re: "Dither" colors in patterned/sticker parts
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
Hey!  While we're extending the language, can we also allow MPD in part
files?

Steve

Considering the conservative spirit that rules this community, where it is
preferred to have no-progress over breaking backwards compatibility an where
standards set in LDraw 0.27 should be possibly kept for eternity, such ideas
have to be flagged as quantum leap.

I know.  It's heresy!

But if there are enough good reasons to make that leap, it might be worth it.

Steve

I don't know why you need this, but I just did a test with LDView and it works.
You can call an mpd file from within a part and the first model in the mpd file
is shown together with the other content of the part file.

cu
mikeheide

Re: "Dither" colors in patterned/sticker parts
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
Hey!  While we're extending the language, can we also allow MPD in part
files?

Steve

Considering the conservative spirit that rules this community, where it is
preferred to have no-progress over breaking backwards compatibility an where
standards set in LDraw 0.27 should be possibly kept for eternity, such ideas
have to be flagged as quantum leap.

I know.  It's heresy!

But if there are enough good reasons to make that leap, it might be worth it.

Steve

HURRAY! And in one go we are also gonna drop dithered colors in favour of RGBs.
We'll have textures, the LSC is finally shaping the LCD - LDraw Connection
Database http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=11226 and yourself are going to help
getting LDView working as PT rendering engine
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=16608

Keep your password for the mysql database at hand!

w.

Re: "Dither" colors in patterned/sticker parts
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:

HURRAY! And in one go we are also gonna drop dithered colors in favour of RGBs.

Err, what?  No, don't mix color codes and RGBs in official parts!  This isn't an
issue of backwards compatibility. It's an issue of adding complexity where it
isn't needed (IMO, of course).

Keep your password for the mysql database at hand!

Ha!  I'd have to get it back from Chris...

Steve

Re: "Dither" colors in patterned/sticker parts
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
Err, what?  No, don't mix color codes and RGBs in official parts!  This isn't an
issue of backwards compatibility. It's an issue of adding complexity where it
isn't needed (IMO, of course).

I apologize for dreaming out loud. For a sec I've forgotten that we are a
conservative community - at least some of us.

Keep your password for the mysql database at hand!

Ha!  I'd have to get it back from Chris...

No password, not a single CA-header edit on your agenda nor a library update
since  ... was it 2004 or 2005? Steve, please help me out, what is that "LDraw
Parts Tracker Admin" title our still carrying for?

w.

Re: "Dither" colors in patterned/sticker parts