 CAD / 11226
11225  |  11227
Subject:
LSC - request for defining a WORKING connection database standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:04:33 GMT

dear LSC members,

LEGO Digital Designer http://www.lego.com/eng/create/digitaldesigner/ has only
one feature I really miss in the LDraw system: the snap-in behavior. guys,
I'd like to ask you - no I beg you down on my knees -  to define a working
standard for a connection database. there is currently a proposal at ldraw.org:

http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=135&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

but it is all theorical. to launch this thing we would just nead 2,3 working
examples (bricks, plates) of these .cdl files

http://www.ldraw.org/OLD/reference/specs/lcd/#Appendix%20B

with the proper coordinations and a prog (LDDP plug-in or stand-alone) where we
could test new definitions. a paralell PT could collect those .cdl files.
I can also think of a restriction for submitting new parts. authors would have
to submit a .cdl file first, before they are alowed to submit a .dat file. this
would boost the build-up of the library. could you make this happen?

w.
humble part-author with no programming
skills but seeking to submit his new
parts along with a proper .cdl file