 CAD / 13101
13100  |  13102
Subject:
LDraw Browser (was: LSC - request for defining a WORKING connection database standard)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:39:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Damien Guichard wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:

SNIP-SNAP

   Sadly enough, building such a tool will take very long time because such tools are generally built by a single person. As far as i know every LDraw compatible tool is single-authored, while the LDraw database is multitude-authored. And i bet it will remain so in the future.

hi damien,

I wrote that request more than a year ago! meanwhile I’ve made up my mind. I agree that this would be very time consuming and I got convinced that we will probably never see such a feature in any of the editor progs...

this is also why my priorities have shifted: now I’ll looking badly for a code-god who is willing to put in shape a .ldr .dat .mpd browser ;-) you know, kind of these ACDSee viewer with a folder tree on one side and tiny renderings of the ldraw files on the other.

also a picaview type of thing, showing you a small rendering in the contextual menu would do the job for the first:

any idea who has the right skills (and some spare time left ;-)?

w.