 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6100
Re: Part Authors: opinions sought on T-Junctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:33:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Mark Kennedy wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   So, what do you as part authors think? Should T-junctions be avoided in order to avoid the rendering errors that they can introduce, or should part authors continue to strive to make parts with the fewest number of polygons possible?

I try to minimise file size whenever possible myself and have nothing against T juctions. While the gaps can be annoying I feel that they are a fault of the rendering program rather than the parts.

I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t blame it on the rendering programs. There’s really nothing that they can do to fix the problem. I can understand why you might feel that they are at fault, but it really isn’t true. As such, you might want to reconsider your position. (You might not, and that’s perfectly valid, but if you don’t, hopefully you will at least acknowledge that the renderers aren’t to blame for the artifacts; the T-junctions in the part files are to blame.)

--Travis