 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6094
Re: Part Authors: opinions sought on T-Junctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 01:35:55 GMT

--snip--

   And even if POV-Ray doesn’t suffer from the problem (which I still don’t know one way or another), the relatively small number of additional polygons are likely to have a minimal impact on the performance of POV-Ray. I’d say that they’re unlikely to have a significant impact of the performance of realtime viewers also, but since it can provide a noticeable improvement in realtime viewers, I think it’s more helpful there.

--Travis

Just to be clear it’s not the render time I’m worried about... it’s the authoring time.

Tim