 CAD / 16614
Re: New parts and color definition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:37:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Sergio Reano wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
Or maybe it's time to switch to ldview for the part tracker pictures.  I
suspect the ldglite excutable used by the part tracker scripts predates the
ldglite support for LDConfig.ldr.  So you probably need to do a recompile
with the current sources to see the expected results in the tracker pictures
after moving all the colors around.  Since a recompile may be needed, why not
build an ldview executable instead?

Travis has worked on a switch after this post:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=14787&t=i&v=a

but I do not remember why there was no happy ending.

w.

If anyone interested, my application (SR 3D Builder) can generate parts images
based on the contents of a text files or taking the single image directly from
the screen.
It generates the images for itself, but anybody can use them for any purpose,
included part tracker

But if I've understood correctly, the Peeron server is a *nix box and
sr3dbuilder is Windows-only. So it can't work on the parts tracker unless it
comes to support *nix too.

Would the swich to LDView give a fix to the part images not properly generating
on the PT? At some times the picture comes out uncomplete and sometimes
unrefreshed..