 CAD / 16598
    New parts and color definition —Sergio Reano
   Hi everybody! I have a question: I regularly download official and unofficial parts update from lDraw official site and often I found some new parts referring to colors that are no more supported, at least if I refer to official lDraw color (...) (14 years ago, 9-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Willy Tschager
   (...) 39 has never been an official LDraw color but a MLCad color. Parts (officials as well as unofficials) using MLCad colors have to been recolored. A complete list can be found here: (URL) (14 years ago, 9-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Philippe Hurbain
     (...) BTW, could it be possible to update Parts Tracker image generator to use the new LDConfig.ldr? Case in point (URL) the front should be trans orange (color 182), not dull grey... Philo (14 years ago, 9-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Sergio Reano
     (...) OK, understand! So using lDraw colors is the right way for the future. MLCad color in parts have to be fixed. Anyway I think it should be a good practice to disallow new (official or unofficial) parts using other than official lDraw colors. (...) (14 years ago, 9-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Michael Heidemann
   (...) Please see also the comments about this issue on (URL) (14 years ago, 9-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Travis Cobbs
   (...) LDraw handling of transparent colors. Colors 32-47 are simply transparent versions of colors 0-15. So, color 39 is a transparent version of color 7 (light gray), and color 40 is a transparent version of color 8 (dark gray). This seems to have (...) (14 years ago, 9-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Tore Eriksson
   (...) Sorry if maybe I repeat something already said about color 39, but this is how I recall it: In Original LDraw, clear looked better with dithered lightgrey than white, so James and I decided to use color 39 for window "glass", instead of 47, (...) (14 years ago, 10-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Willy Tschager
   (...) This explains a lot of things - thx Tore for sharing. I'm going to discuss this in the LDConfig workgroup and see if we find a solution for the problem. w. (14 years ago, 10-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Don Heyse
   (...) Something to consider for the discussion; ldglite still uses dithering to render the part images for the tracker. If for some reason you decide to move the clear glass color from 39 to color 47, you may want to also move the clear light grey (...) (14 years ago, 10-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Willy Tschager
   (...) Travis has worked on a switch after this post: (URL) I do not remember why there was no happy ending. w. (14 years ago, 10-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Travis Cobbs
     (...) I created a command line-only version of LDView and got it built on the peeron server, but nobody took the next step of creating a new LDView-based image generation script. I'd be happy to help out anyone who has the access to do this and is (...) (14 years ago, 10-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Sergio Reano
   (...) If anyone interested, my application (SR 3D Builder) can generate parts images based on the contents of a text files or taking the single image directly from the screen. It generates the images for itself, but anybody can use them for any (...) (14 years ago, 11-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Santeri Piippo
   (...) But if I've understood correctly, the Peeron server is a *nix box and sr3dbuilder is Windows-only. So it can't work on the parts tracker unless it comes to support *nix too. Would the swich to LDView give a fix to the part images not properly (...) (14 years ago, 11-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New parts and color definition —Chris Dee
   (...) That's nothing to do with the rendering software, it's due to overload on the webserver, causing the script that queues the rendering request to fail. I requeue them manually when I notice. Chris (14 years ago, 13-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)