 CAD / 16598

Subject:
New parts and color definition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:18:51 GMT

Hi everybody!

I have a question: I regularly download official and unofficial parts update
from lDraw official site and often I found some new parts referring to colors
that are no more supported, at least if I refer to official lDraw color
definition file (LDConfig.ldr).

For example in the today updated unofficial parts definition I find reference to
color 39 that is not listed in LDConfig.ldr.

It may be i misunderstand something!! please let me know...

thanks

Sergio

Re: New parts and color definition
I have a question: I regularly download official and unofficial parts update
from lDraw official site and often I found some new parts referring to colors
that are no more supported, at least if I refer to official lDraw color
definition file (LDConfig.ldr).

For example in the today updated unofficial parts definition I find reference to
color 39 that is not listed in LDConfig.ldr.

39 has never been an official LDraw color but a MLCad color. Parts (officials as
well as unofficials) using MLCad colors have to been recolored. A complete list
can be found here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=6434

w.

Re: New parts and color definition
39 has never been an official LDraw color but a MLCad color. Parts (officials as
well as unofficials) using MLCad colors have to been recolored. A complete list
can be found here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=6434

BTW, could it be possible to update Parts Tracker image generator to use the new
LDConfig.ldr? Case in point http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=ms1048
where the front should be trans orange (color 182), not dull grey...

Philo

Re: New parts and color definition
I have a question: I regularly download official and unofficial parts update
from lDraw official site and often I found some new parts referring to colors
that are no more supported, at least if I refer to official lDraw color
definition file (LDConfig.ldr).

For example in the today updated unofficial parts definition I find reference to
color 39 that is not listed in LDConfig.ldr.

39 has never been an official LDraw color but a MLCad color. Parts (officials as
well as unofficials) using MLCad colors have to been recolored. A complete list
can be found here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=6434

w.

OK, understand!
So using lDraw colors is the right way for the future.
MLCad color in parts have to be fixed.

Anyway I think it should be a good practice to disallow new (official or
unofficial) parts using other than official lDraw colors.

One more thing: it is possible to distribute pre-colored/hard colored parts in
separate files other than official/unofficial ones. Or at least fix the header
file to include the 'Physical_Colour' attribute for needing files.

If anyone can do this, I can send the list of files needing the fix!

Sergio

Re: New parts and color definition
I have a question: I regularly download official and unofficial parts update
from lDraw official site and often I found some new parts referring to colors
that are no more supported, at least if I refer to official lDraw color
definition file (LDConfig.ldr).

For example in the today updated unofficial parts definition I find reference to
color 39 that is not listed in LDConfig.ldr.

39 has never been an official LDraw color but a MLCad color. Parts (officials as
well as unofficials) using MLCad colors have to been recolored. A complete list
can be found here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=6434

w.

Please see also the comments about this issue on
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/73435.dat

cu
mikeheide

Re: New parts and color definition