 CAD / 16445
Re: LDraw.org 2009-02 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 2009 22:07:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Allen Smith wrote:
   But are all the TLG colors expected to have analogs in the official ldconfig.ldr? In a short random sampling of colors I didn’t recognize, I found a few that didn’t appear to be (TLG_Rose, TLG_Cobalt_Blue). I definitely want to make sure all of Lego’s colors are represented in LDraw (but I also want maintain a one-to-one correspondence between colors and !COLOUR directives).

Hi Allen,

as pointed out here:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=16368

we based the chart mainly on BL and Peeron and only those colors have been matched against the TLG colors. The complete list of colors which didn’t make into the file are listed on the wiki:

http://www.ldraw.org/wiki/index.php/LDConfig.ldr

It didn’t make much sense to us create colors in LDraw which can be bought/build in RL.

w.

Thanks for clarifying, Willy. I had not understood from previous messages that some of Lego’s colors didn’t physically exist.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why Lego is defining colors they haven’t actually produced?

Allen