 CAD / 16423
Re: LDraw.org 2009-02 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:29:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:
The 2009-02 LDraw parts update has been now been released.

This update includes 385 files in the core library, including 195 new parts, and
many more files updated with improvements for Back Face Culling support. A
further 8 parts have been redeveloped by authors who have affirmed the
Contributor Agreement, replacing files that were not redistributable.

Following substantial work by Scott Wardlaw and Willy Tschager the colour
configuration file has also been updated.

Thanks are due to all the authors and reviewers who contributed to this release.

You can preview the new parts in 2009-02 and download the update by going to
http://www.ldraw.org/library/updates.

There are still 251 certified files on the LDraw Parts Tracker, many of which
were held back from this update, following our normal practice of not releasing
new primitives or subparts until they are needed for an official part file.
There are another 1500+ files waiting for admin review, which I will tackle in
preparation for another release later this year.

Chris Dee (LDraw Parts Library Admin)

Why LDraw0801.exe is still an windows only file and not and zip ?

I find it hard for us macosx , NIX users to update or to install all ldraw from
zero since ldraw is nearly windows only software and badly mantained since
it doesn't have an zip or gzip update with all files since ldraw was created to
now .

I can acept the slow update release but not this unsuport towards us nix users,
Wnidows is not all windows is just shit that you get part of new pc and not a
choice unix is the root and future of computers.

Just another anoyed nix fan