 CAD / 16574
Re: LDraw.org 2009-02 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:37:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:
I have a quick question about the 2009 Part Updates - As far as I can tell from
the description at LDraw.org and here the updates are cumulative (I need to
install 2009-1 and then 2009-2) However the names of both files are identical
and as a result if I try to download both one of two things happen:
1)the second download overwrites the first
2) my browser takes the download from the cache and consequently doesn't really
download the other file but re-downloads the one I already had.

If the files are cumulative, maybe they could be renamed to include the release
in the file name in the same way as has been done for 2008-01.

Jetro

The Windows installer executables are not cumulative - they are the complete
library - hence "Use this link to download the Windows installer for the
complete library".

The zip archives are just the changes (new files and updates) - hence "Use this
link if you just want a zip version of the update".

There may be occasions when you want to download the complete install from a
particular release, so the names have now been changed. However, LDrawParts.exe
is still maintained as an alias to the latest complete installation.

Chris

Thanks for the clarification. I'll include it in the second part of the basic
LDraw tutorial that will appear later today on TechnicBRiCKs.

Jetro