 CAD / 14850
Re: Why LDraw.org doesn't use ldconfig.ldr ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:59:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:
   Travis Cobbs wrote:
   For example, here is an image from the part tracker:

To my eyes, the proportions of that picture are completely off, that part should have the proportions of a normal 1x2x1, right? Not 1x2x0.72 or whatever that picture shows...

I think it’s using an isometric matrix for the view, which leads to this effect. This matches the default output from ldraw.exe. Here is 3004.dat rendered with ldraw.exe and then scaled down to match the size of the image on the part tracker:

Last night, I updated the rendering script to use L3Lab’s “Front-Upper-Right” view for most parts (Baseplates use a top-down view, panels use “Back-Upper-Left”). The actual parameter/array is: 0.7071,0,0.7071,0.3536,0.866,-0.3536,-0.6124,0.5,0.6124

I also changed the scale from .85 to 1.0, which seems to fit the new images to about the same size as old images.

Do the unofficial images look better now?

Steve