 CAD / 14795
Re: Why LDraw.org doesn't use ldconfig.ldr ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:11:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
consider also a switch to LDView as rendering engine; it does a fine job for
the MOTM

I missed that one.  We've got ldview installed on the server?

If you don't (and I suspect that you don't), I'd be happy to help you compile it
there (assuming the binaries don't work), but there's a significant catch.  Even
when rendering snapshots from the command line, it currently still requires a
connection to an X server's display.  That's kind of a problem for background
tasks.

An OSMesa version could probably be made as Don suggests, but I don't know at
this point what the level of difficulty would be in doing that.  It could
potentially be quite high.

--Travis