 Books / 292
Re: The Brick Testament: Stories from the Book of Genesis -- now in stores!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:07:30 GMT

In lugnet.books, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Congratulations!

Thanks, Richie.

   I see you’re not “The Rev” on the cover... was that your decision?

Originally my publisher asked me how I would like my name to appear on the cover, and I told them I’d like it to appear as “The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith”. At some point in the production though, my publisher became worried from a sales perspective that some bookbuyers might see the book, say, in a catalog, and assume that the book was written by a Christian minister. Since the book says otherwise within the Introduction, they were worried that this could lead to too many returns based on this misunderstanding. I could see their point, so “The Reverend” is now just in quotes and relegated to the About the Author section at the end of the book.

-Rev. Smith