 Books / 259
Re: Japanese Lego book : 'Lego Book Museum'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:37:07 GMT

In lugnet.books, Huw Millington wrote:
"Colin" <freshfroot@btinternet.com> wrote in message
Hello folks

This is probably old news for everyone, but I have been off-line for some
time.

On a work trip to Japan last week, I saw a brand-new Lego book that I have
not seen anywhere else, called 'Lego Book Museum, Volume 1'. I brought a
copy back to the UK with me, and I have posted a short review and some
pictures of the book (sorry, copyright fans) on my website at
www.btinternet.com/~freshfroot

It is an official product of Lego Japan. It is written by a Japanese author
(Kilala Kitamoto), and published by a Japanese company (Fusosha), so
translation to other languages seems to be unlikely but you can never tell
(such are the perils of being an early adopter).
snip<
As Colin says, it's been produced in conjunction with LEGO Japan, so whether
it ever receives an English translation remains to be seen. I sure hope so,
there has been nothing close to this ever published before.

The ISBN number is 4-594-03997-9. I can't find it at amazon.co.jp, though.

Huw

Huw and all,

Good news!

I found the book at amazon.co.jp by searching on the ISBN number with no dashes.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/books/4594039979/250-7600683-8886609#product-details

It looks very cool! Quoting their shipping policies:
"Amazon.co.jp can ship to virtually any address in the world. Orders placed at
Amazon.co.jp will be shipped from Ichikawa, Japan, and may not be combined with
orders placed at any other Amazon sites. For more information, click the links
to the left."

Price: 2,381 JPY = 19.84 USD/17.63 EUR/12.36GBP

International Economy Shipping:
North America 1,200 JPY + 300 JPY/item
Europe 1,450 JPY + 300 JPY/item

International Economy shipments are sent by sea mail.
They typically take 2 to 3 weeks to the United States,
3 to 4 weeks to Asia and Europe

Should be pretty close to:
32.34 USD total shipped to United States
45.15 CAD total shipped to Canada
21.45 GBP total shipped to the United Kingdom
30.59 EUR total shipped to Europe

Maybe Santa will bring me one this year  :)

--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)