 Announcements / 1904

Subject:
IndyLUG Inaugural Train Show Jan 18 and 19
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:28:34 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

IndyLUG is pleased to announce our first public event:
The Indianapolis GATS show.

January 18 & 19, 2003
11:00am to 5:00pm, both days
Indiana State Fair Grounds

More show info:
http://www.greatamericantrainshow.com/

We will be displaying among other things 3 running loops, 3 large bridges,
countless buildings (well, maybe more like 20), a mountain/tunnel, container
yard, 2 churches, and a roundhouse.

Regards,
Steve Martin
IndyLUG
www.indylug.org

Re: IndyLUG Inaugural Train Show Jan 18 and 19
IndyLUG is pleased to announce our first public event:
The Indianapolis GATS show.

January 18 & 19, 2003
11:00am to 5:00pm, both days
Indiana State Fair Grounds

More show info:
http://www.greatamericantrainshow.com/

We will be displaying among other things 3 running loops, 3 large bridges,
countless buildings (well, maybe more like 20), a mountain/tunnel, container
yard, 2 churches, and a roundhouse.

Regards,
Steve Martin
IndyLUG
www.indylug.org

Way cool. S

o are you going to adopt the MONON logo for your fallen flag club tribute
logo? it only makes sense, after all. the Monon was the most storied Indiana
based road there was. (although IHB - Indiana Harbor Belt holds a special
place for some, it's more of a Chicago area terminal road)

"MONON, the Hoosier Line"

info

http://www.trainweb.org/monon/

logos

http://www.toltecimages.com/trains/2586.jpg
http://www.toltecimages.com/trains/2586A.jpg
http://www.toltecimages.com/trains/later%20images/2586B.jpg

(these are not necessarily the best examples to work from but should give
you some idea)

Where they went:
http://www.trainweb.org/monon/documents/maps/Map_01.jpg

Monon did some very nice cream and red coaches when they entered the
streamliner era... they were kitbashed from hospital cars!

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steve Martin writes:
IndyLUG is pleased to announce our first public event:
The Indianapolis GATS show.

January 18 & 19, 2003
11:00am to 5:00pm, both days
Indiana State Fair Grounds

We will be displaying among other things 3 running loops, 3 large bridges,
countless buildings (well, maybe more like 20), a mountain/tunnel, container
yard, 2 churches, and a roundhouse.

Way cool. S

o are you going to adopt the MONON logo for your fallen flag club tribute
logo? it only makes sense, after all. the Monon was the most storied Indiana
based road there was. (although IHB - Indiana Harbor Belt holds a special
place for some, it's more of a Chicago area terminal road)

Yep, John Neal already mocked up some logos for us.  We are going to use the
top right one:

"MONON, the Hoosier Line"

info

http://www.trainweb.org/monon/

Thanks for the info.

Monon did some very nice cream and red coaches when they entered the
streamliner era... they were kitbashed from hospital cars!

LOL!  I knew that, but I had never thought about it in those terms.

Steve

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Steve Martin writes:

Yep, John Neal already mocked up some logos for us.  We are going to use the
top right one:

Cool, what's the deeplink (ends in jpg or gif or whatever instead of a number)?

Monon did some very nice cream and red coaches when they entered the
streamliner era... they were kitbashed from hospital cars!

LOL!  I knew that, but I had never thought about it in those terms.

I just got the classic streamliners special publication from Kalmbach and
was trying to get my money's worth! (actually it was a great read)...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/martinsa/IndyLUG/indylug_monon.jpg