 Ambassadors / 381
Re: Poll for new Town Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:29:05 GMT

   I might suggest action oriented sets; as not many kids would want to buy a school building unless it came with a school bus. I think firestations and police headquarters have done well, because they have action vehicles and themes.

This is a big reason that LEGO has always had a hard time marketing to girls. LEGO town/city has always been too action-oriented, and that simply doesn’t appeal to girls . . . at least not to the extent that action appeals to boys.

Sets that allow children to roleplay and to enact vignettes of everyday life appeal to both sexes. They don’t have to be as detailed as the Cafe Corner. They just need to exist in the first place.