 Ambassadors / 334
  Poll for new Town Sets

Dear Ambassadors, It has been some time since there has been any kind of voting poll for new sets. Now that the new 2008 sets have come out, it would be a good time to start thinking of sets that people would like to see in the future. I think that (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jan-08, to lugnet.ambassadors)

  Re: Poll for new Town Sets

(...) Given that City is one of TLG's most popular lines (especially for 2007), and seeing some of the new 2008 City product is not Police/Fire/Rescue, I'm all for gathering ideas for new town sets for 2009. I definitely think it's time to bring (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.ambassadors)

  Re: Poll for new Town Sets

(...) As an avid train fan, the best town sets to me are those that can be used interactively with a train layout. With the decision to retire 9V trains, this may be a poor time to ask for new train-related additions. But, LEGO has released few (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.ambassadors)

  Re: Poll for new Town Sets

(...) Yes, and I have some suggestions. If you actually built a LEGO town using only the sets released in the last few years, you would have to wonder why the town is in so much constant danger that it requires so many police stations, fire houses, (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Poll for new Town Sets

I was hoping that the Ambassadors would make a new post to town, train, and announce, especially since they just announced a poll for Star Wars sets for 2009. While we wait for their post, I might want to add that the suggested sets should be aimed (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Poll for new Town Sets

(...) This is a big reason that LEGO has always had a hard time marketing to girls. LEGO town/city has always been too action-oriented, and that simply doesn't appeal to girls . . . at least not to the extent that action appeals to boys. Sets that (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Poll for new Town Sets

(...) fixed at this time. If not, how about a gun store, reference the discussion on weapons. Or a liquor store or maybe a large movie theater. A drive in. or a very large bridge. You might want to look at all the old store displays. The directions (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.ambassadors)

  Re: Poll for new Town Sets

(...) Scott, We posted the Star Wars poll at the request of the LEGO Star Wars designers. Each theme is created by a different group of product designers with a Design Lead. Certain themes/design leads are more willing to work with fans to gather (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Poll for new Town Sets

(...) Following on this, I am absolutely sure a yellow school bus would sell great, at least in the US! Something like (URL) this> or (URL) this>. Regular city buses could be fun as well, such as (URL) this>, (URL) this> or (URL) this>. Regular (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jan-08, to lugnet.ambassadors, FTX)

  Re: Poll for new Town Sets

I appologize for the lateness of my response. I have been extremely busy lately. Ben, thanks for responding. After re-reading the posts, I felt that the timeliness of my original post may have stepped on the toes of others. Moving forward with it (...) (16 years ago, 10-Feb-08, to lugnet.ambassadors)