 Ambassadors / 118
Re: Your Thoughts on the LEGO Ambassadors Program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:39:58 GMT

For example, Ambassadors lobbied (successfully) to be able to make some
"official" announcements (or pre-announcements, if you will) like when a
newer
version of LDD would be released. But I think that was the exception to
the
rule, and I haven't seen much in the way of Ambassadors bringing stuff
back out
of the process. I know a lot of it can't always be divulged (heck, I still
know
of stuff that hasn't been released, more than a year after leaving the
program),
but something is better than nothing.

As I think we all have noticed on the retail shelves, TLC has its
competitors, who make similar but cheaper products. One presumes TLC are not
keen to do anything to give their competitors a heads-up on their plans. And
"pre-announced by ambassadors to the AFOL community" is public knowledge.

I suspect that newer versions of LDD can be an exception precisely because
the competitors aren't in that space (yet).

Kerry