 Ambassadors / 117
Re: Your Thoughts on the LEGO Ambassadors Program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:37:17 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:
Based on questions posed in this newsgroup and elsewhere, here are a few
questions for you - the LEGO Community:

* [What do you think the LEGO Ambassador program is about?]

It’s an extremely low overhead research and development team of AFOLs that TLC
can go to with ideas, get ideas from and test products and or get opinions on.
it also provides a small group of people to go between TLC and the community at
large which makes things easier for all.

* [What should the LEGO Ambassador program be about?]

The same thing I said above without it being largely a popularity contest. More
emphasis should be placed on innovation and outward creativity with the product
lines. Individuals should be chosen based on what they have contributed to the
community as a whole no matter what theme or product they prefer.

To be truthful, I am very interested in the program and I’d love to be involved
but since I’m seen "as not very active" I feel as if I have no chance. I would
like to think that my creativity and innovation with several products (1) has
improved my chances but i still wonder.

Ondrew
p.s I did mean to apply for round 5 but couldn't find the information I needed
when I went to do so. I didn't know there was a lugnet.ambassadors. Oops

(1) Most notably the double crossover but there are several things. See my
brickshelf gallery for details:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=roj2323

This is a chance for you to share your insight on what you think we do, and
what you think this program should be. Also, what exactly would you like to
see from your current Ambassadors?  Please be specific, and candid.

We appreciate your comments, and look forward to hearing them.

Thank you,¬
"Big Daddy" Nelson