 Administrative / General / 8034
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 06:13:22 GMT

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 05:28:34 GMT, "Ka-On Lee" <ko_lee@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Remember all these?
http://www.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/threadmsg_ct.xp?AN=525261505

Yes I do.  I remember when I first learned about the Lego community on
the Inet.  I remember that I wanted so bad to be able contribute
something.  I wanted to be something really great, do great things,
help out.  So I came up with all these ideas that I wanted to do.  And
I jumped right into RTL and proposed my ideas.  I got no enthusiasm,
the entire reaction I got was, well, we already have some resources
like these, and we don't need you, or anything you can contribute.
That made me very angry and that is the reason I flamed at that
particular point in time.  I wanted something so badly that I was
willing to try and do the impossible, instead all a got were people
laughing in my face telling me I was nothing.  Like someone mentioned
earlier, it was that elitist attitude that caused me to fight back the
way I did.  And for that I am not sorry, I was hurt then in a way that
has stayed with me and affected me ever since.  It took me a long time
to generate enough self esteem to put together my own web page and
realize that I was important, that I could contribute something, even
if some people didn't respect it.

-Matthew