 Administrative / General / 8067
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:41:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Moulton writes:
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 05:28:34 GMT, "Ka-On Lee" <ko_lee@yahoo.com>
wrote:
Remember all these?
http://www.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/threadmsg_ct.xp?AN=525261505

Yes I do.  I remember when I first learned about the Lego community on
the Inet.  I remember that I wanted so bad to be able contribute
something.  I wanted to be something really great, do great things,
help out.  So I came up with all these ideas that I wanted to do.  And
I jumped right into RTL and proposed my ideas.  I got no enthusiasm,
the entire reaction I got was, well, we already have some resources
like these, and we don't need you, or anything you can contribute.

Yes that kind of happened.  But rememebr RTL was not the 'community'.  It was a
half abandoned group already.  I was excited when I first saw your post since
it is nice to have a alternate server.  Well it turns out you were more into
flaming than anything.  I tried to make more constructive suggestions but you
ignored me.

That made me very angry and that is the reason I flamed at that
particular point in time.

So why would that make you very angry?

I wanted something so badly that I was
willing to try and do the impossible, instead all a got were people
laughing in my face telling me I was nothing.

Actually that didn't happen.  What happend was you belittled some people and
then some people (including me) called you a jerk.  It was as simple as that.

Like someone mentioned
earlier, it was that elitist attitude that caused me to fight back the
way I did.  And for that I am not sorry,

Sign... Why don't you drop your ultra elitist attitude first.

I was hurt then in a way that
has stayed with me and affected me ever since.

What about the people that was hurt by you?

Can you go back to be a nice fellow like the one in
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=3643  ?