 Administrative / General / 14052
Re: Very strange server behavior today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 21:08:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Michael Huffman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Gereon Stein wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Michael Huffman wrote:

There are also some ideas with regard to the web interface itself. What
is most limiting right now - as far as I am concerned - is a lack of time
for implementing everything that would be fun or even useful to have. But
a couple of things will need to happen and we'll see to it.

Some other ides to consider:

I know it's bad form to reply to your own post... but another idea would be a
updated user profile... I have a web-site, a blog, I'm on Facebook, Flickr,
LinkedIn, Picasa, Twitter, Plurk, FriendFeed, AIM, Y!M, gTalk, etc.  It would be
nice to see LUGNET leverage some of the Web 2.0 advancements... For instance,
maybe display my last 3 'LEGO' tagged photos from my Flickr account; check to
see if I'm on-line to chat; maybe you want to add me as a friend in Facebook;
see what I've been Twittering about; or see read I've been blogging about on my
LEGO blog.

And this might be harder to implement, but allow me control over what people see
and how they see it.  Again, I go back to blogger-like gadgets, give me a simple
template that I can manipulate color and the location of displayed information
on the page...  don't allow me to alter the CSS or customize the HTML, just
something very simple simple.

And a user avatar on the personal page would be nice to have... but please, NO
custom signatures!  To me there's nothing more annoying reading through a forums
and seeing all the different types of personal signatures... It's one of the
reasons I think LUGNET is superior to most forums, is the lack of clutter.

--Mike.