 Administrative / General / 14048
Re: Very strange server behavior today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:22:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Michael Huffman wrote:
I've solved the read vs. unread issue by reading LUGNET via RSS & Google reader.
There's not enough traffic on LUGNET to prevent me from reading it via RSS now
(the traffic has dramatically dropped since Peeron introduced the RSS feed).
And I have the same ability to mark an item unread & read it later if I want.

And there's no need to re-write NNTP readers to understand FTX.  But it would be
nice for the LUGNET RSS feed to include images -- that should be a simple hack.

Thanks for your suggestions (all of you) - actually an FTX-capable news reader
might be something we'd need an idea of the actual demand for. I'll take your
suggestions into account and we'll see what we can make of them.

There are also some ideas with regard to the web interface itself. What is most
limiting right now - as far as I am concerned - is a lack of time for
implementing everything that would be fun or even useful to have. But a couple
of things will need to happen and we'll see to it.

Thanks and have fun,

Jerry