 Znap / 38
Re: $20 Znap sets WITH 9V MOTOR !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.znap
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 04:23:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Troy Cefaratti writes:
I just picked up one of the 3571's at my local TRU and am very happy with
the purchase.  Not only does it come with the motor and the small 9v batter
box (which I needed), but also comes with two flexible axels that have all
sorts of ideas floating around in my head!

I LOVE that flexible axle. it's what I had hoped for when the Indy Storm and
other sets of that age came out, but those are decorative only. This one does
useful things!

My kids had great fun just building the various models in the idea book. ZNAP
is to be commended for giving out an idea book with lots of ideas (at least in
the larger sets, I havent opened the smaller ones yet, but I think I am only
the polybags short of being ZNAP complete).

The ones I thought were most fun were the track following vehicles which are in
the helicopter transport set. That has lots of green arch strut thingies too.

Those four pieces alone are worth the $20 I paid for it, the ZNAP parts are
just a bonus.  I'm about to go play with them to see if I can do anything
useful with them.  A cursory examination has me thinking that they would be
great for building bridges and such for train layouts.  I suspect that this
might be what Larry P. has in mind for them (but have no proof of that).

That's on a need to know basis. Just kidding. Actually, yes indeedy, that is
exactly what I intend. As I related at the time of Nik's Shinkasen, I had a
little ZNAP already and did a baby truss just to see what can be done. Note
that Matt Chiles has a very nice black and grey truss up at his site, which was
incorrectly attributed to me the last time I pointed at it.

Right now I have a lot of it (over 800 USD worth) and so the possibilities are
more sweeping. If I could only find time.

PS ZNAP does have the same thumb soreness problem that KNex does, eh?

++Lar