 Year / 2001 / 337
Re: My thoughts on the 2001 sets (Life on Mars and LEGO Studios)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:20:24 GMT

Looking at the catalog pic of the new LoM set, it
appears that the pnuematic thing sends Martian
figures through the tubes to the stations.  It also
looks like the tan station from 7316 fits on the
end of one of the tubes.  I'm wondering if 7313 and
7314 plug into the red and blue stations.  If so, you
could assemble a huge single complex from all the
martian sets, something that has not happened in a theme
as far as I can remember (except for the castle-wall sets
of long ago).
On a sad note, the box for 7311 is the first box I've seen
that does not have any alternate models shown!  None on
the instructions, either!  It is a shame, since the set
has a rather good parts assortment, and I build a nice
little science base with it.
I'm kind of split on my feelings about the LoM color schemes.
On one hand, it is nice to have each ship and station be
a different color, for that power-rangers-play-appeal.
OTOH, it limits what you can make by combining sets.
-gyug