 Western/Wild West / 701
Re: TLC's WW & Etc. Matter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2003 20:02:22 GMT

In lugnet.western, Dean R. Hennen writes:
I can explain, but what is a Futurama head?

     In the Futurama series (greatest scifi show since B5), they have this
running gag about celebrity heads being preserved, alive, in jars.  You can
read an explanation here:
http://www.gotfuturama.com/Information/Encyc-96-Head_in_a/

...and if you scroll down to the Wired Magazine covers, you can see four
images showing Matt Groening's head in a jar (which did make a cameo in the
Head Museum from the series premiere):
http://members.cox.net/futurama/Magazines.html

     In this image:
...you've got a minifig head in a neon green "jar" sitting on the boardwalk
that very much resembles the jar-heads of Futurama.