 Western/Wild West / 688
687  |  689
Subject:
Death of lugnet.western?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 05:32:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.western, Dean R. Hennen writes:

snipped

All right. Though I have not uploaded the changed town yet, I will tell you
a sneak peek about the new details.

I look forward to seeing your new town changes.  I like your farm as well.

What do you think made this board go almost kaput? Though I know it will be
obvious to say, "It lost its popularity because of the other successful
themes," but we need a better explanation. I think it lost its popularity
because......don't really know.

Thanks for your comments!

Several factors may have led to the "death" of lugnet.western.

First, TLC is no longer producing new western sets and has not been for
several years.  This eliminates talk about new sets, rumored sets, "I wish
they made a deathstar..." threads, etc.

Next, very few western moc's are being made.  This is similar to
lugnet.pirates and similar themes.  There are few diehard fans that
occasionally make a moc and a small discussion ensues.  People check
lugnet.western about as much as a lugnet.fabuland ;) because there are not
very many moc's.

Finally, western by its own name is a very exclusive theme.  Many moc's made
for .trains and .town are from similar time periods 1860's to 1890's but
they do not necessarily occur in the "wild west".  They are in larger cities
and towns.  (It would be nice if trainheads and others crossposted when it
is appropriate) Plus, the types of western sets are somewhat limited.  You
can only make so many general stores, banks, saloons, jails, and ranches.

These are my thoughts about lugnet.western.  Please feel free to respond,
add your thoughts, or disagree with my ideas.

Ben