 Western/Wild West / 476
Re: Big Thunder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:17:51 GMT

In lugnet.western, Jon Furman writes:
Also, I would love to see someone create a scene from Sherman's march to the
sea (in Georgia). It would be really interesting to show the Union soldiers entering a
Southern town, a battle scene but involving an actual town.

This is a great idea!  I think we'll see this from someone (Nate?, Greg?)in
the future.  I think right now we are all busy tring to stock up on Rock
Raiders clearance Items so we can get our forces amassed. This is what we've
all been going to the store waiting for for about a year!

Hmm, Lets see this will be a difficult one.  I like the challenge though.  I
will have to do some research on the architecture of the day before I try
anything.  Maybe I can combine my encampment and the city together.  And you
are right about stocking up on RR clearance.  Went out and bought 5 more
yesterday.  I wish the paychecks would come more often....

I think Dan Glidden's (yes he manufactured the paint too) Barbed Wire was
the initial territorial invention that spelled the cattlemens doom.  You
could sting acres of fencing in a day, and it was easy to mend.

Anybody have some good ideas on how to replicate barbred wire fences?  I was
thinking about maybe the grey chains that are seen a quite a few of the
Adventurers sets.

Time to get back to building.  Have a great day everybody.

Nate