 Underground / 53
Re: Lugnet.Underground vs Lugnet.Rockraiders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.underground
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 06:48:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, "Chet Corbin" <citeman@aol.com> writes:
Howdy All-
I'm no Rock Raiders fan, however I just noticed that the Lugnet group for Rock
Raiders is named "lugnet.underground". Was this Lugnet group named prior to us
knowing the offical Lego® name???

Rock Raiders™ is the name of a play theme (the first released play theme)
within the LEGO SYSTEM™ Underground product category.

The aquazone group is named just that, not the underwater group (Even though
it is hardly used).

That's because Aquazone is the name of the product category.  Underwater
isn't the name of the product category.

I suspect the name for
the Rock Raiders group, should be changed to "lugnet.rockraiders".  What does
everybody else think???????

No, Rock Raiders is at a lower level than Underground, just like Ninja is at
a lower level than Castle and Stingrays is at a lower level than Aquazone.
In other words, if there were groups for Rock Raiders, Ninja, and Stingrays
(and there well be someday in the distant future), they would be:

   lugnet.underground.rockraiders
   lugnet.castle.ninja
   lugnet.aquazone.stingrays

A tree outline may help...(note: this isn't a complete list)...

   I. LEGO®
      A. LEGO PRIMO®
         :
      B. LEGO DUPLO®
         :
      C. LEGO® SYSTEM™
         1. LEGO® SYSTEM™ Aquazone
            a. Aquanauts
            b. Aquasharks
            c. Aquaraiders
            d. Hydronauts
            e. Stingrays
         2. LEGO® SYSTEM™ Adventurers
            a. desert (not an official name)
            b. jungle (not an official name)
         3. LEGO® SYSTEM™ Castle
            a. LEGOLAND Castle ("classic Castle")
            b. Forestmen
            c. Crusaders
            d. Black Knights
            e. Wolfpack
            f. Dragon Masters
            g. Royal Knights
            h. Dark Forest
            i. Fright Knights
            j. Ninja
         4. LEGO® SYSTEM™ Pirates
            a. LEGOLAND Pirates ("Pirates")
            b. Soldiers
            c. Imperial Guards
            d. Islanders
            e. Imperial Armada
         5. LEGO® SYSTEM™ Space
            a. LEGOLAND Space ("classic Space")
            b. Blacktron/Black Space
            c. Futuron
            d. Space Police ("Space Police I")
            e. M:Tron
            f. Blacktron Future Generation ("Blacktron II")
            g. Space Police ("Space Police II")
            h. Ice Planet 2002 ("Ice Planet")
            i. Spyrius
            j. Unitron
            k. Exploriens
            l. RoboForce
            m. U.F.O.
            n. Insectoids
         6. LEGO® SYSTEM™ Star Wars
            a. Classic (Episodes IV-VI)
            b. Episode I
         7. LEGO® SYSTEM™ Town
            a. LEGOLAND Town ("classic Town" or "Town")
            b. Service and Repair
            c. Flight
            d. Race
            e. Nautica
            f. RSQ911
            g. Paradisa
            h. Rescue
            i. Launch Command
            j. Time Cruisers
            k. "Town Jr."
            l. Outback
            m. Divers
            n. Time Twisters
            o. Extreme Team
            p. ResQ
            q. City Center
            r. Space Port
         8. LEGO® SYSTEM™ Underground
            a. Rock Raiders
         9. LEGO® SYSTEM™ Western/Wild West
            a. military/cavalry/town (not official names)
            b. Native American (not official name)
      D. LEGO TECHNIC®
         :
      E. LEGO MINDSTORMS®
         :
      F. LEGO ZNAP®
         :

Notes:

- Scala, Belville, Fabuland, and several others aren't listed above.

- There are other layers which group Duplo and Primo into preschool
  categories and layers which group Belville and Scala into girls
  categories under the current official organizational scheme.

- ThrowBots/Slizer are part of Technic.

- Znap is not part of Technic.

- MindStorms is a whole separate product programme.

- Belville was once part of SYSTEM, but is now officially categorized
  separately.

Hope this helps!!

--Todd